Biff

Hi!

Just a quick overview of what I would do with this:

Create a table of the states delivered to and the corresponding zone.

Then create 3 tables, one for each zone with the applicable rates in
ascending order.

I would name these zone tables 1, 2 and 3.

Then when you enter* the state being delivered to, use a lookup formula to
return the corresponding zone.
*(maybe set up a drop down list for this)

Then when you enter the weight another lookup formula will lookup that zone
and weight and return the appropriate rate.

Want to see a sample file that demonstrates this? Let me know how to contact
you.

Biff

"Melissa" wrote in message
I am trying to create a rate schedule for furniture delivery in Excel 2003.
would like Excel to automatically fill in the rate if I type in the state
delivered to and the weight of the item. See example below.

We are delivering to three separate zones 1, 2 and 3. For example Zone 1
in
cludes all the midwest states.

The rates for each Zone are determined by weight. Example: Furniture
delivered to Kansas weighing 76 to 150 lbs. is charged a rate of $173.00
and
furniture delivered to Kasas weighing 151 to 250 lbs is charged a rate of
$196.00
--
Thanks for any help you may be able to give,