Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Newsreader Question

You will probably have to talk to your ISP to get those addresses.
One of these should take you the rest of the way...
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Zone" wrote in message oups.com...
Thank you, Dave Jim and Gary. I tried Jim's suggestion and voila,
Outlook Express does exist on this computer.
I'd like to ask a question about getting OE up and running.
OE presents me with a form asking:
- My Incoming Mail is a (POP3, IMAP, HTTP) server.
- Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, HTTP)
"An SMTP server is the server that is used for your outgoing e-
mail."
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server:

This is all "geek to me". I have cable high-speed internet. Any
help?

Also, how do I enter the path for the Excel Programming newgroup?

Many thanks,
James

On Jun 21, 9:29?am, "Jim Cone" wrote:
Outlook Express is included with Internet Explorer.
If you have IE then you have OE...
Start | Run | msimn.exe.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

"Zone"
wrote in message
My old computer had Outlook Express, which I used as a newreader for
the Excel groups. My new computer doesn't have Outlook Express but
does have regular Outlook. Can I use Outlook for a newsreader without
using it for e-mail? I want AOL to remain my application for e-mail.
Win XP and Office XP (2003).
Thanks, James