Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro: search word, select row, copy.

Finds a word in a worksheet??

dim FoundCell as Range
dim WhatToFind as string

whattofind = "SomeWordHere"

with worksheets("sheet9999")
set foundcell = .cells.find(what:=whattofind, _
after:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
lookat:=xlWhole, _
searchorder:=xlByRows, _
searchdirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
end with

if foundcell is nothing then
'the word wasn't found
else
foundcell.entirerow.interior.colorindex = 3 'what color do you want??
foundcell.entirerow.copy _
destination:=someothercellincolumnA
end if

====
Untested and uncompiled.

Raul wrote:

I'm tryingo to write a macro in excel which:

-Finds a word in the file
-Selects the row which contains the word
-Changes the color of the row
-Copy the entire row

I have this:

Cells.FindNext(After:=ActiveCell).Activate
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
Selection.Copy
End Sub

but i can't seem to figure out how to select only the row which contains the
word. If I select the entire row, the macro will always copy that same row ['
Rows(4)' will select always row 4. 'Rows' will select all the rows...]

Comments?

--

Dave Peterson