Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JayWes JayWes is offline

Default Pause while user clicks on chart series

The OnClick event only applies to making a selection on a userform "I
believe." I need the code to stop and allow me to select a data point from a
chart series such that the x and y values are assigned to variables which are
then used in for calculations throughout the remainder of the code... It's
Excel VBA doesn't allow for this in some fashion...

If I'm wrong about my previous statement regarding the OnClick event, please
elaborate.

Thanks,
Jason

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Once your code brings up the chart the code should end execution. You can
attach a on click event to your chart to initialize the next bit of code. In
short macro's really dont pause to wait for the user to do something. You
need to execute your code based on events generated by the user.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JayWes" wrote:

I have a code that exectutes, and when it comes to a certain point a chart
pops up. I want the code to pause while the user clicks on the curve. Once
this is done, the code will resume execution... In short, I can't seem to
figure out how to make the code stop and wait for a chart mouseup event
before continuing to execute... Can someone grace me with their knowledge...

Thanks for your help,
Jason

Was this post helpful to you?

Why should I rate a post?