Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Macros in Excel that work with Word - 2003

That's why it's prudent to convert the project to late binding before
distributing it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"ilia" wrote in message
ups.com...
One problem I'm running into with early binding now is version
compatibility. If you include a reference to the object library of an
earlier version of office, open the project in a later version without
the previous version installed (say 2007 opening a 2003 project, and
no 2003 on the machine present) this reference becomes converted to
Word 12 object library (equivalent 2007). Once opened back in 2003
(without an install of 2007 on the same machine), you'll run into a
"reference not found" type error. However, CreateObject will continue
working.

On Jun 18, 5:50 am, Vijay Chary
wrote:
"Helmut Weber" wrote:
Hi Vijay

see:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/interdev/c...wordfromxl.htm

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/interdev/E...ateBinding.htm

HTH

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Hi Helmut !!

I have saved the two pages you had given URL's for,
in
your message. Thank you very much !!
I 'll try the Createobject method to do the job. I
have
not been very successful till now but I'll try again.

THANK YOU ! BEST WISHES !

Vijay- Hide quoted text -