Gord Dibben

Mubeen

Do the dragged buttons appear on the toolbar when you first drag them up
there?

Do they disappear when you close Excel then re-start?

Customizations are saved in a file named *.xlb

The * depends upon your version of Excel. Yours is 2000 so I believe you
would look for Excel9.xlb

Perhaps this file is not being written to when you make changes?

Do you have permissions to write to all files?

I would do a search for *.xlb. There may be more than one.

Make a change to a toolbar or menu then see if any *.xlb file gets updated.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:26:02 -0700, Mubeen
wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to customise my format toolbar by adding sheet right to left
/left to right button. When ever I drag these buttons from customize to
toolbar the buttons does not appear.Is there a bug in software as usual or
...!

My OS is Win XP professional with SP2 installed.
Using MS Office 2000 SR-1 Professional with SP3 installed.

any clue how to get these button on toolbar.