Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Programing a button in excel

Recipient should be plural: Recipients

also, you seem to have a typo in the Workbooks.Add Line. The constant is

Workbooks.Add Template:=xlWBATWorksheet

not

Workbooks.Add Template:=zlWBATWorksheet

Tom Ogilvy

"Josh Johansen" wrote:

Here is what I copied:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Set rng = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).TableRange2
Workbooks.Add Template:=zlWBATWorksheet
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
rng.Copy
Activesheeet.PasteSpecial xlValues
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial xlFormats
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Subject:="Scheduling", "
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
End Sub

When I attempt to use the button I am getting. "Compile error, named
argument not found." with the recipient portion highlighted. I have to admit
I am not at all familiar with Visual Basic, what am I doing wrong? Thanks
again.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).TableRange2.Copy

will copy the data in the pivot Table including pagefields. If you don't
want the pagefields, then use TableRange1

I might use something like:

set rng = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).TableRange2
workbooks.Add Template:=xlWBATWorksheet
Activesheet.Range("A1").Select
rng.copy
Activesheet.PasteSpecial xlValues
Activesheet.PasteSpecial xlFormats
ActiveWorkbook.Sendmail Subject:="Myfiles", "
Activeworkbook.close SaveChanges:=False

Tom Ogilvy

"Josh Johansen" wrote:

I guess the thing I am unsure how to do is write a program that will select
the data currently displayed in the pivot table, copy that data, paste it to
a new mail message all with a programmed button. Because various users will
be using the pivot table, the size could be extremely different, I will read
through the link you left me and hopefully find some useful information,
thank you so much.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

this has extensive information on mailing data from Excel. Your description
isn't very definitive, so you will have to decide what is appropriate.

Tom Ogilvy

"Josh Johansen" wrote:

I would like to program a button that will copy a pivot table, and then paste
it into a new email message. This will prevent the users from being confused
with all the steps this would take manually. I am not too familiar with how
to do this, any ideas? Thanks.