find_nizam

Default Excel hangs at Spalsh screen

I am running Office Xp-sp3 on Windows XP pro.I updated Norton Anti virus
Corporte edition version 8 to 9 and my problem started ,excel freezes at the
splash screen.All other office products works fine.cntl Al del will not work
to close excel.I can start excel in safe mode,but cannot change addins and if
I attempt to do it hangs forever.But I can close excel,once closed it says
"please wait windows is configuring Micosoft office xp" and asks for the
pro.msi from the installation package.Later on I disabled Norton auto
protection.Excel opens normally.But when I restart same proble.Tried to
uninstall NAV,it won't and Excel freezes at the spalsh screen.Any help from
the experts is much appreciated.