Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default changing font colour

Jock,

It's a standard module (ALT+F11 insert module) and will look at the active
sheet i.e the sheet you are on when the macro is called.

Mike

"Jock" wrote:

Thanks to Mike & Steve. There are blanks so I tried Mikes suggestion but I
can't get it to work. Have tried in both 'worksheet' and 'general' but
doesn't work for me.
Would autoformatting and a drop down list (in 'H') affect anything?

Jock

"steve_doc" wrote:

Hi Jock
1 aproach is

using a loop through a range, assuming that your range contains no
blanks(empty)
Sub TEST_Colour()
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim rg As Range

Dim stCrit As String

Set wb = ThisWorkbook
Set ws = wb.Worksheets(1)
Set rg = ws.Range("A2")
stCrit = "PRO"

Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' increases speed on long loops

Do Until IsEmpty(rg) 'perform loop till rg is empty
If rg.Offset(0, 7) = stCrit Then 'logic comparison
rg.EntireRow.Font.Color = vbRed 'if logic is true text colour = red
Set rg = rg.Offset(1, 0) 'increase range by 1 row
Else
Set rg = rg.Offset(1, 0)
End If
Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

HTH
"Jock" wrote:

Using vba, how can I change font colour to red for the entire row (A5 - Z5)
if cell H5 contains "PRO"? And how do I then copy this code so it affects all
rows (up to 200) in the worksheet?
--
tia

Jock