Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
theSquirrel theSquirrel is offline

Default Excel Sort Problem...

On Jun 14, 10:44 am, "Jim Cone" wrote:
20 is the default value (in cells(17, 24)...

If selected range to sort is...
"TempList.Range("M20:W" & TempList.Cells(17, 24).Value - 1).Select"
then the sort range resolves to Range("M20:W19).
That's only two rows?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

"theSquirrel"
wrote in message
Thank you for the reply's, answers to questions...

Jim Cone questions:
1. Is TempList a Public Variable declared at the top of a general
module?
2. Do you Set TempList to an actual sheet?
3. Is TempList the active sheet?
4. Is there a numeric value in cells(17, 24)?
5. Does column(S) have sort values in it?

1. Yes it is a public variable working in every other module and user
form I have in the program
2. I set it also in a general module to an actual sheet
3. TempList is the active sheet (which is why this puzzles me so)
4. Yes, 20 is the default value
5. Yes, if the program gets to that point there are values there
(That is the reason for the 'If Me.lstSeriesName.listIndex = -1 Then
Exit Sub' at the top of this sub.

Gimme_This_Gimme_That comments:
- I tried the msgbox Selection.Address and it turned up the correct
range in the case of my test '$M$20:$W$52'
- I know that it looks funny, but i did use a variable in place of
the direct reference in that place before and had the same problem.

I appreciate the any additional help. If you would like to see the
rest of the program, I can supply a link to it just email me. The
program is nearly done outside of this problem.

Problem solved!

As it turns out regardless of the cells being unlocked, the sort
function is unavailable when the sheet with the cells you are trying
to sort is locked.

I have not tried this on my other program but it works on this one.