Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Sheet Protection Bug?

Is rw a row in a range--less than all the columns?

maybe

rw.entirerow.locked = false

would help

Perico wrote:

Dave, where am I going wrong in this code snippet? After it runs I still am
unable to delete the row (rw):
If whichsheet = "ResData" Then
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("ResData").Unprotect ("pduct")
Intersect(Range("resRecNum"), rw).Interior.ColorIndex = 7
'pink

rw.Locked = False

Intersect(Range("resRecNum"), rw).Offset(-1,
0).Interior.ColorIndex = 50 'green
Intersect(Range("resMeasure"), rw) = "DUP"

'rw.Offset(-1).Locked = False

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("ResData").Protect ("pduct"),
AllowDeletingRows:=True

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can delete rows where all the cells in that row are unlocked.

Perico wrote:

Excel 2003: I have a column where cells are locked on a protected sheet and
protection is turned on. In turning on protection, Excel offers checkbox
options, such as "Allow users to detlete rows." The problem is When the user
tries to delete a row they get a message that "cannot delete cells that are
locked." This is a catch 22, because to get the benefits of sheet
protection, you lock cells. And if you check "Allow users to detlete rows."
in creating the password, but you can't delete a row containing protected
cells, what good is that checkbox? Is this a bug?
Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson

--