Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Randy Harmelink Randy  Harmelink is offline

Default How can I download from the web thru VBA

Again, it will depend on the specifics.

In most cases, a simple Web Query for each set of information might do
the trick. They can be automated with VBA. In some cases, VBA can
even be avoided by using IQY files.

However, I have a free open-source add-in that I wrote in order to
grab financial information from the web because of little problems I
had with web queries, but it does have several general purpose
functions that may help in your case -- depending on the data you are
going after. The add-in, documentation on its functions, and
templates that show example of the functions' use, can be found in the
files area of this Yahoo group:

In the "Documentation" folder, you may want to look at the
documentation for these three functions:

-- RCHGetHTMLTable()
-- RCHGetTableCell()
-- RCHGetWebData()

The first allows you to extract one or more HTML tables from most web
pages. The second allows you to grab individual table cells from most
web pages. The last allows you to get the HTML source code of a web
page so you can do custom extraction of the data.

On Jun 15, 11:33 am, rac wrote:
I download approx. 40 pages of data from 2 websites everyday. Is there a way
to do this thru VBA.