Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default automatically numbering cells for large data from other sheets

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/linksum.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"chichi0918" wrote in message ...
I am creating an Excel sheet that summarizes data from other sheets in a
workbook. Each column of data on the summary sheet represents a certain cell
of each of the other sheets. (i.e., the data from cell C6 of sheet 1 appears
in cell A1 of the summary page, the data from cell C6 of sheet 2 appears in
cell A2 of the summary page,...) So, the formula I am entering in cell A1 of
the summary page is

='sheet 1'!C6

My question is: How can I fill the rest of column A of the summary page
with the data I want without having to actually type in every formula for
every cell? I would like the formula for cell A2 of the summary page to be

='sheet 2'!C6

and so on. The fill handle does not seem to work even if I use C$6 instead
of C6.