Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew Taylor Andrew Taylor is offline

Default What language to learn?

Except that UNIX is an operating system, not a language..

On Jun 14, 7:59 am, FSt1 wrote:
hi,
VB and C are going to be around a while as well as java. but microsoft
languages are under fire now most notably from open source. a lot of people
and companies are switching to linux so unix might be a language to dabble in
also. that is my next project.

regards
FSt1

"AD108" wrote:
I am considering learning to develop in the Visual Studio environment. Is
this the cutting edge for programming? Would this be a way to learn C#, C++
, and Java.

I have no formal tech education due to circumstances, but have taught myself
to develop some applications with VBA. I would like to continue on and
learn the skills needed to get a decent job in the future, or to start my
own ISV.

Thanks in advance.-