Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Convert Date/time to date only in vba

Jonathan,

Try this with the range altered to suit:-

Sub stantial()
Dim myRange As Range
Set myRange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:A1000") '<======Alter to suit
For Each c In myRange
c.Value = Int(c.Value)
Next
End Sub

Mike

"Jonathan" wrote:

Hi,

I have a dataset I extract from another tool and import into Excel. The
dates from this toolset are in dd/mm/yyyy hrs/min/sec format, I need to
programmatically change this to be just dd/mm/yyyy format in the columns
containing the dates. I've tried looping through and using datevalue() and
just trimming the contents to only the first 10 characters but neither work
for me, can anyone send me a snippet of code to get the job done?

Regards

Jonathan