Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Copy range to / from CSV file

You are opening the .csv in Excel ?
If not, then E2:E22 means nothing.

If you are opening in Excel, then the macro recorder will get the file name
and copy/paste actions.

NickHK

"blackbox via OfficeKB.com" <u20390@uwe wrote in message
I tried to record a macro copying from the CSV and pasting to the xls but

got
an error message

run-time error '1004':
Paste method of Worksheet class failed

This is the code generated

Sub import()
'
' import Macro
' Macro recorded 6/14/2007 by Administrator
'

'
Range("E2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

I also tried a drag and drop without any luck

NickHK wrote:
Start by recording a macro whilst perform those actions.
This will give you the basic code.

If the filenames remain constant, that will work.
If they change each day, check the help for GetOpenFileName and

incorporate
it into your code.

NickHK

I receive a CSV file each morning and have to copy range E2:E22 and

copy it
to a XLS sheet (calculator) range H2:H22 then copy I2:I22 form the XLS

sheet
[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

Any help would be appreciated.