Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dando265 Dando265 is offline

Default Save a copy from cell data and close orignal

Hi,

Can anyone please help, i've searched for a solution but can't find
the right one.

I want to save an excel workbook to the value of 2 cells P29 and Q29
The data in the cells is first name and surname.

i need a macro that will do the following.

Create a new folder from the contents of P29 & Q29

save a copy of the workbook to the new folder named in P29 & Q29 with
the same name

Then close the orignal without any changes

Eg file opened = d:\my documents\client files\productorder.xls
P29 = John
Q29 = Smith
Once the order is filled in the macro is run and a new folder is
created d:\my documents\client files\John Smith (If the folder
already exists the to append the folder name with _1 or _2 etc etc)
and a new file is made in the new folder
d:\my documents\clientfiles\John Smith\John Smith.xls

Then the original file discards the changes and closes ready to use
again another day.

Anyone got any ideas, I havn't got a clue what i'm doing really,
please help

Many thanks in advance.