Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default File size Limit in Excel 2003

The worksheets have a limit based on the number of cells 256 x 65536 @ 156
characters per cell. But you could use many worksheets. However, I think I
would look to something like Access, or another db type to store large
amounts of data and just pull it out to Excel as needed.

"Sam" wrote:

I have a huge amount of data (more than 25 Mb) that I need to keep in an
Excel-2003 file. I am going to add 25 Mb of data to this file every month.

Is there a limit to the file size in Excel-2003?
At what file size can you expect a degradation in the performance on a 1.5
GHz processor with 512 MB RAM?
Is there a limit to the number of work sheets that can be created in
Excel-2003?

Thanks
Sam