Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Project Explorer and Properties window (VBA) have disappeared

Another link you might like to look at
http://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/VBEDocking.asp

See the section starting "Sometimes, one of the windows disappears
completely"

Regards,
Peter T

"Ben" wrote in message
Hi Peter.

I think I have worked out why the fix is not working. As I do not have
administrator rights to run regedit, I am running is as an administrator.

am guessing that the regedit that I am altering (CURRENT_USER) is

therefore
that of the administrators account and not my account (obviously where the
problem is).
I think I need to be given rights to be able to run regedit under my

account
and then the fix would work. Hopefully I will have this fixed soon.

Thank you for your help on this.

Regards
ben

"Peter T" wrote:

Hi Ben,

Was Excel and in particular the VBE closed when you named the Dock key,

then
after re-opening and closing was a new key created, if so is it same as

the
old key.

Regards,
Peter T

"Ben" wrote in message
Hi Peter.

I have tried as you suggested in the thread but editing the registry
settings unforntunatley this still has not resolved my problem. I

cannot
see
the 2 windows at all, and when I click on the icons in the toolbar to

view
the windows, the focus moves off of the VBE but nothing is ever

displayed,
it
is like they are hiding off the screen somewhere.

Do you or anyone else have any further ideas.

Many thanks
Ben

"Peter T" wrote:

see this thread -

http://tinyurl.com/3bj9tb

Regards,
Peter T

"Ben" wrote in message
Hello.

I am slightly stuck at the moment. My project explorer and

Properties
windows have disappeared in the vba editor.

I have tried all the obvious ways of getting them back (F4, tiling

etc),
but
nothing seems to bring them back into view.

Anybody got any ideas how I can get these back.

Thanks
ben