Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Office Web Components compatibility

Hi Chris,

In XL2000 it's named 'OWC' (not OWC9) and handles much less, eg it only has
the one event - BeforeCommand()

Are OWC10.spreadsheet objects compatible with Excel 2000

I assume (but not tested) only for properties & methods in common with
both, and if the OWC ref was originally installed in XL2000.

Are the OWCs part of the default Office setup?

AFAIK, inasmuch as I don't recall ever doing anything to install it.

Regards,
Peter T

"Chris Wilkinson" wrote in
message ...
hi,

Are OWC10.spreadsheet objects compatible with Excel 2000? Also, if they

are,
Are the OWCs part of the default Office setup?

Thanks,
Chris