Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] edgar_0164@hotmail.com is offline

Default Using Script to download from secure site

On 8 jun, 14:34, Dave Miller wrote:
If you post the entire code you are trying to run I will be able to
help you.

Regards,
Dave

Hi my name is edgar. I've got the same question or looks alike:
I'm opening a intranet webpage as a workbook. With the command:
woorkbooks.open("http//intranet.net/id=XX")
In that very moment a Dialog box prompts me asking for UserId and
Password, I provide them and the workbook is created ok.
Question: How can I insert code to provide this information to the
dialog box? and avoid the manual part, cause I have some pages to open
this way.

I was trying the function written in lines before working with an ie
object.
Now I can open the ie object webpage, even without provide UserId and
password
I'm thinking I could get the specific information I need from this ie
Object, But,
One thing is that I don't know how the ie object methods and
properties
work, basically cause I don't have it referenced in Excel Library, I
don't
see a file or dll for that in the references library. For example to
use a
find method in the ie object and then to refer to the field/cell next
to the
parameter that I'm requesting with the find method.

In a sheet i could do it, but again when i execute
workbooks.open("http//aaaa/.bbb.com"), in that moment and part of the
code it
prompts me with the logon dialog box. I guess Excel got a cookie like
Randy
mentioned before cause now I see the values already provided into the
form,
but the i have the Enter command. I mean do not have an idea how to
work it
around, even when I open the webpage with the ie object function.

But If you have any idea or know who could help on this, I mean Very
much Thank you really.