Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Trengove Chris Trengove is offline

Default XlTable format with Unicode

Wei Lu,

The XlTable format can be received by Excel when performing DDE
operations; in fact it is often recommended for use because it is
supposed to be fast. The format consists of a concatenated sequence of
records. Each type of record begins with a single byte to indicate the
type of record. Strings appear with 0x02 (floating point numbers are
0x01, etc). Strings are then encoded with a length word, followed by
the string bytes themselves.

So, my question is, if the strings are Unicode (requiring two bytes per
character), what happens then? Is there is a separate record type? Or
is there some trick to enable Excel to receive the Unicode string using
the
regular (0x02) string record? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks
Chris

Wei Lu [MSFT] wrote:

Hello Chris,

I did not get response from internal team since there are little
resource for the XlTable.

Could you please let me know what's the problem you face?

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

rights.