Norman Jones

Hi Mully,

My last response was aimed at a single textbox.

To disable / re-enable the three specified textboxes (say TextBox1, TextBox2
and TextBox3) in response to a checkbox (CheckBox1), try:

'==========================
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()

Me.TextBox1.Enabled = Not Me.CheckBox1.Value
Me.TextBox2.Enabled = Not Me.CheckBox1.Value
Me.TextBox3.Enabled = Not Me.CheckBox1.Value

End Sub
'<<==========================

If you additionally want to apply / remove a grey background to the three
textboxes, try instead:

'==========================
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()

With Me.TextBox1 <<========= CHANGE
If Not Me.CheckBox1 Then
.Enabled = True
.BackColor = &H80000005
Else
.Enabled = False
.BackColor = &H80000000
End If
End With

With Me.TextBox2 <<========= CHANGE

If Not Me.CheckBox1 Then
.Enabled = True
.BackColor = &H80000005
Else
.Enabled = False
.BackColor = &H80000000
End If
End With

With Me.TextBox3 <<========= CHANGE

If Not Me.CheckBox1 Then
.Enabled = True
.BackColor = &H80000005
Else
.Enabled = False
.BackColor = &H80000000
End If
End With

End Sub
'==========================

Change the textbox names to accord with your needs.

---
Regards,
Norman

"mully" wrote in message
Hi Norman

Thanks for quick response --- should have put this in 1st question --
could
I place a check box next to the 3 text boxes and just click on it and the
boxes would be greyed out.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Mully,

To disable the textbox, the enabled property can be set to False:

Me.TextBox1.Enabled = False

Alternatively, the textbox can be hidden:

Me.TextBox1.Visible = False

---
Regards,
Norman

"mully" wrote in message
Hi All

I have a UserForm with 20 Text Boxes and some times TBox1,TBox2,TBox3,
do
not need information to be entered is it possible to disable these 3
TBoxes
and the others to run as the code dictates.

Any much appreciated

Cheers -- Mully