Jesterzone

Default CSV file for inporting contact list from Hotmail to Gmail using Ex

I opened a Gmail account and I am trying to import my contact list from
Hotmail to Gmail. I was told to copy the list from Hotmail and paste it onto
an Excell spreadsheet and save it as a CSV ( Comma Separated Value) file,
before importing it to Gmail. My problem is that when I try to paste the
list onto excell, it puts all of the data into one column instead of
separated columns with the headers and the information. Is anyone familiar
with the process? and if so, is there something I need to setup or format in
Excell to be able to automatically accept the data in separated columns.