capecrusader wrote:
I am trying to make a spreadsheet to keep track of my grades. I am to the
point that I have a numerical grade, but I want to add another cell to keep
track of the letter grade. I want the alpha grade to update automaticly when
I update the numerical grade.

If you only want to keep track of 5 grades (no pluses and
minuses), it might be easiest to use an IF() function.
Something like the following (customized for your numerical
grading system):

=if(A1 = 4, "A", if(A1 = 3, "B", if(A1 = 2, "C", if(A1 = 1, "D",
"F"))))

where A1 is presumed to contain the corresponding numerical
grade.

Accounting for pluses and minuses is not really much more
complex. But you might run up against the nesting limit
for IF() functions, namely 7.