Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Vista Macros

That doesn't sound good--but since I don't run Vista, I don't have anything but
guesses.

Does it happen after you reboot?
Does it happen if you're logged on as an admin?
If you try the same thing in MSWord's VBE, do you get that same thing?

Have you googled newsgroups for that phrase?
I just did and saw a post by Randy Birch that pointed to:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269383/en-us
PRB: 'Error Accessing the System Registry' Message When Displaying VB/VBA