Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Simple If Function Question

=if(S7=0,"",IF(P7S7, P7-P8+$P$3, T7))

Tom Ogilvy

"NewUser22" wrote:

On May 23, 11:19 am, Mike wrote:
not sure what you need but try this
=IF(AND(A1B1,B1=0),E1,0)

"NewUser22" wrote:
I have a working If function that says, IF(AB, A-C+D, E), and I want
to add an additional intruction to this that states that IF(B=0, E, 0)
as opposed to it defaulting to the "A-C+D" calculation. How can I add
this additional funtion to the current function. I think it has
something to do with an "AND" or an "OR". Any help will be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Allow me to clarify by using cell refences - IF(P7S7, P7-P8+$P$3, T7)
And what I want to do is actually say that this is true, unless S7 is
= 0, then it will return a 0, or nothing at all.

The issue is that I am working on a debt schedule that will allow me
to input debt ongoing without having to re-write the equations as the
debt decreases. The last payment creates a 0 balance and therefore
this one occasion breaks the IF function since the balance is $0.00
whereas the payment to create that $0.00 balance is greater than
$0.00. There will be no more ongoing payments so the debt payments
will then rollover to the next outstanding debt.