Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Project manager[_2_] Project manager[_2_] is offline

Default Opening Outlook from Excel VBA

Hi,

I'll try it and let you know.

PM

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

if you enter something like this in a cell and click on it Outlook will open:

or from VBA:

Sub Macro1()
x = Shell("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE",
vbMaximizedFocus)
Gary''s Student - gsnu200723

"Project manager" wrote:

I'm trying to setup a command/macro in an Excel VBA file that would allow me
to send email from my Excel file. When I press on the command button the VBA
syntax page opens than Excel freezes. I use the following in order to go and
get Outlook. Is this right? Any idea why Excel would freeze?

Dim OLF As Outlook.MAPIFolder, olMailItem As Outlook.MailItem
Dim ToContact As Outlook.Recipient

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!