Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Create New Folder Using Code

Nigel,

Try something like this:

Sub test()
Dim strMainFolder As String
Dim strFolder As String

strMainFolder = "D:\REPORTS\"
strFolder = Format(Now, "mmddyyyy")

If Dir(strMainFolder & strFolder, vbDirectory) = "" Then
MkDir strMainFolder & strFolder

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Nigel" wrote:

I run a series of spreadsheets for daily reports every morning, what I would
love to have happen is the following

when the first report runs it will create a folder in the main reports
folder (which is called reports) the folder name needs to be the current
date(format mmddyyyy)

when the next report runs it needs to look and see if the folder for the
current day exists and if so move on, otherwise create the folder (just in
case I run a report early to check data)