Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sebation.G[_2_] Sebation.G[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple Edit Replaces

maybe u need not VBA ,u can enter a number that u want to plus(i.e.2000) in
a cell ,then COPY it-select the range ,choose PASTE SPECIAL--PLUS
that is all u can get it.

another for the vba code ,
Sub test4()
Dim mycell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each mycell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
mycell = mycell + 2000 'change as u shd plus number
Next mycell
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Hope this can be helpful

Sebation.G
"snax500"
groups.com...
In Excel2000, I need to write a macro that will edit replace many
strings. We changed our account string and I need to replace at least
100 different strings. For example, 2010 becomes 4010, 3526 becomes
5513. I have about 100 of these changes that I want to put into a
macro so that when I run it in any workbook it makes all of these
changes Do I just keep using Edit-Replace or do I use Case . What is
the best way of doing this?

Thanks