Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Cannot put control on the form

Assuming these are the MS versions and you are not on Vista, then the link I
provided before may fix it.
Also, make sure they are both properly registered:
http://activex.moonvalley.com/regist...ex_control.htm

NickHK

"Eugene via OfficeKB.com" <u32520@uwe wrote in message
Thanks, Nick.
I'm trying to use the DataGrid control and the RichTextBox conrtol.

NickHK wrote:
As I understand it:
If I purchase a control from a 3rd party (e.g. Sheridan), then I have a
design-time license to use that control in my app, developed in VB6,

Delphi,
whatever.
I then create an installer for my app, which will include the required
dependencies (e.g. this control), for installation on your system.
Whilst COM can then obviously find and use this control (inside my app)

on
your system, you only have a run-time license.

If you wish to develop your own software with that control, you too need

obtain the design-time license.

This situation only occurs with components whose authour wishes to

control
such behaviour; it is not necessary, as you see with the built-in MS
standard control or those given away free.
However, other checks may be carried out, as the link I included

outlined.

There may well be something else suitable, freely available, if you tell

use
which control you are trying to use.

NickHK

Nick,

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]
Please tell me how can I fix that problem? I don't have any

administrative
permissions set in my account.