Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MikeM MikeM is offline

Default Excel 2000 vs 2003

Dave
Putting onto a SQL Server is not an option.
The Macro's do everything from Changing Formula in 15 Wooksheets to Advanced
Filtering. Why it takes longer to open in 2000 and Macro's run faster to it
Opening very quickly in 2003 and same macros take a lot longer to run?
--
MJM

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

Difficult to say without knowing what function the macro performs. The file
size might suggest moving the data store to SQL Server or Access.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"MikeM" wrote:
I have a rather large Workbook, 50Megs, that when I open in Excel 2000 it
takes about 1 minute to open, but once open the Macros take no more than
30
seconds for the most complex macro.

When I use Excel 2003, the same file takes about :10 seconds to open, but
the same macros take as long as 5 minutes? Why and is there a way I can
speed up the macros when they run? Its more important for the macros to
run faster than it is for the file to open. I did stop the error
checking,
but that did not help.

--
MJM