Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SpaceCamel SpaceCamel is offline

Default Get Name of Macro Initiator - Value of underlaying cell?

Just what I was looking For.

Thanks guys.
'--------------------------

One more thing...

I now need to get the value of the cell that the shape is over.
-----
The shapes were added with this code to put them over the correct cell.
With thiscell
With .Parent.Shapes.AddShape( _
Type:=msoShapeRoundedRectangle, _
Left:=.Left + 2, _
Top:=.Top, _

======================================

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Assume you mean buttons from forms toolbar.
Sub Button_click()
Dim sName as String, btn as Button
sname = Application.Caller
set btn = Activesheet.Buttons(sname)
msgbox btn.Caption
End Sub

If you mean a picture that looks like a button, the approach would be
similar but you couldn't use the buttons collection

Tom Ogilvy

"SpaceCamel" wrote:

I have many graphical buttons on a sheet with different names/properties but
all initiate the same macro. I need the macro to get the name/properties of
the initiating button.

Is there a "who started me" value I can get?

Thanks,