Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default VERY SLOW EXCEL 2007

Exactly what are you doing with your Excel files? If there are a lot of
shape objects such as charts and graphs, that will definitely slow things
down. I've also experienced noticeable slowdown in the handling of user
defined functions in 2007 as compared to how fast they ran under earlier
versions of Excel on a slower machine.

Also, what is the hardware configuration of your system: how much memory is
installed and what type processor (make/model) is in it?

"Gavin" wrote:

Hi, I have recently installed Excel 2007 Home & Student. Unfortunatley
everything seems to take 10X longer to do. Any suggestions as to what I can
do to speed this up. I have done everything I know to do on my system setup
ie Deleted unused programmes, defrag, disk clean up etc.

Many thanks

Gavin