Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
scott scott is offline

Default hide/protext auto_open code so user can't prevent it from running

I've done a fair amount of Visio VBA but very little with Excel and need
assistance.

I've written an Excel auto_open() macro that works fine. Among other things
it checks whether the user has a license to perform certain functions. I
would like the code to be compiled/ protected/ trusted so the user can't
circumvent it by setting macro security to high.

I've played with an .xla add-in but the auto_open() code only executes when
the add-in is loaded or unloaded. I know I can load or unload it from code
but I can't put the calling code in my xls/xlt because I would have the same
problem -- the user could set macro security to high and prevent the call to
the xla.

I'm sure my need isn't unique -- code that always runs when an xlt/xls is
opened and that can't be disabled by the user. Can someone point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,
Scott