Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] lovepeaceofmind@yahoo.com is offline

Default Challenging

Hi,

I have two columns, say column C and D with unlimited rows. The text
or quantity starts in each row either from column C or Column D, but
not both. I will need to highlight the starting cell with green by
manually fill it with green to indicate that I need this row. Here is
an example:

If I highlight C23 as green, I would like to return a value of 1 in
cell F23,
If I highlight C25 as green, I would like to return a value of 1 in
cell F25,
If I highlight D28 as green, I would like to return a value of 1 in
cell F28, etc.

Anyway, any cell under column F must be 1 or 0 depending on the cell
color under Column C OR Column D (not both) in the SAME ROW. Please
note that I can randomly add some new rows in the middle of the
worksheet. Those new rows will follow the same rules. This means that
there is no fixed number of rows.

Any help will be highly appreciated! The following code is for your
reference!

Thanks,
Jorge

Dim i As Integer

Range(i, 6).Value = 0
For i = 1 To Rows.Count
If Cells(i, 3).Interior.ColorIndex = 10 Then
Range(i, 6).Value = 1
Else
If Cells(i, 4).Interior.ColorIndex = 10 Then
Range(i, 6).Value = 1

Exit Sub
Next i
End Sub