Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VBA text to columns

Why won't the macro recorder work?

It usually works ok for me when I record data|text to columns.

The only time I've seen any problem with an array is when I have lots and lots
of fields and get an "out of memory" error when I try to rerun the recorded
macro.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q134826&
XL: "Out of Memory" Message Using the OpenText Method

Parusky wrote:

Please help. VBA Ignorant. I am trying to build a macro to convert a lot of
fixed width data from text to columns sequentially for multiple rows. The
macro recorder will not work due its nature with arrays. The simple keyboard
commands that do work are as follows:
Alt D
Alt e
Enter
Enter
Enter
Arrow down
Got the books on VBA but can't seem to get started on this simple repetitive
onerous manual task. A keyboard recorder would be nice.

Thanks for your kind assistance

Parusky

--

Dave Peterson