Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Accessing Public variable in different modules

Glad you got it working. But we(?) still don't know why that object variable
was reset.

Are you worried?

(I'm not if you're not <vbg.)

Denis wrote:

Well, the ThisWorkbook is what I really wanted but I didn't know about
it. It is obviously a much cleaner solution. Hopefully, I'll never
have to revisit the Public access again. It is interesting that when
I switched the Public declaration to the other module everything
worked. I had assumed that it would fail someplace else but it
didn't.

I've had this .xls around for a while but had to upgrade it from an
XLS95 project where I used to be able to use a DoMacroOptions to add
menu items under Tools. That no longer works but I just happened to
find a snippet of code you posted in Dec 2005 that works just fine for
adding menu items. So thanks for that help too!

Denis

--

Dave Peterson