Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default updating links alert

Rod,

In your Access VBA code, set the DisplayAlerts property of the excel
application to False before you open the workbooks. When you're done opening
the workbooks, set it back to true. For example:

Dim xlApp As New Excel.Application
Dim wb As Excel.Workbook

xlApp.DisplayAlerts = False
Set wb = xlApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\sample.xls")
xlApp.DisplayAlerts = True

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Rod" wrote:

I have a link from one spreadsheet to another

I have the "Don't display the alert and update links" option chosen yet it
still displays an alert when I open the file.
This is annoying because I am using a VBA program from Access to open many
spreadsheets and change the link.
Any ideas on how to stop the alert?

many thanks

Rod