Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Donal McWeeney Donal McWeeney is offline

Default Web Query and table?

Hi Wei,

Thanks for the reply. What I want to do is have a link on a web page that
will download a dynamically .IQY file. The .IQY will contain a link back to
another aspx page that will download the xml in rowset format.

In playing with this I stuck an xml file in a WSS document library and have
a .IQY file on my local hard drive.

The format of the .IQY is:

WEB
1
http://servername/sites/site/subsite/DocLib/data.xml

When I open the iqy in excel it loads the data from the data.xml fine - and
I can refresh the data too. The problem is when I try and make the data into
a table it gives that error.

To format as a table I selected the data, clicked "Format as Table" and
selected the table style. The format as table dialog comes up and the "my
table has headers" checkbox is checked (as it should). Click ok and you get
the prompt to break the connection which is not what I want.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Donal