Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Louise Louise is offline

Default Use Worksheet Name in a Formula

Hi,

I need to try and automate the updating of a spreadsheet as much as possible
and would like to do the following... Does anyone know if this is possible?

Basically I have a workbook called 'Scorecard.xls' - it has worksheets named
after markets (e.g. UK, Austria etc) and I need to pull data from another
worksheet named 'Results.xls' which also has equally named market worksheets
(e.g. UK, Austria etc).

So, for example I have the following formula in a cell on the UK worksheet
in 'Scorecard.xls'.

='C:\Files\[Results.xls]UK'!$R$30

I need to replicate this for many markets and would love to just duplicate
the worksheet and change the market name in cell A1 (e.g. it would read UK)
and it would use this to point to the correct market worksheet in the
Results.xls workbook.

Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks,