Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Macro Speeds in Vista OS vs XP OS

not sure what your problem is, but a lot of people are reporting a great
disparity in speed using vista.
i know i reported it.

i have a macro that opens another workbook and populates a few cells and closes
it. it does this for a number of blends that are entered. let's say there are 15
or 20 blends, it opens each workbook and populates some cells and closes it.

now, in xp/office 2003, this may take 3 or 4 seconds. in vista/office 2007, it
takes 8 or 9 seconds. it's not my code, it's the vista/office 2007 combination.

i can put the all of the files on the local hard drive and xp/office 2003 is
faster opening the files across the network than vista/office 2007 is opening
the files locally.

--

Gary

"Adam" wrote in message
I have a macro that took about 3 minutes to run in Windows XP running Office
2003. I currently got a much much faster computer and it has Vista OS on it.
I installed Office 2007 and the same macro took over 15 minutes to run. I
thought that maybe it was an issue with Excel 2007. I then installed Excel
2000 on the computer and tried to run the macro. It also took 15 minutes.
That leads me to believe that it isn't the version of office that is slowing
it down. It seems like it is the OS. Any suggestions. Thanks