Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] kr_barnett@yahoo.com is offline

Default Finding duplicate values and deleting both rows

This works for a small data set but it will not complete the processing on a
larger data set. I am working with a workbook that has more than 30,000 rows
each month which causes Excel to hang and crash.
Any other thoughts on the matter?

"PaulW" wrote:

Off the top of my head before I go. Slow way round, works.

Record a macro that adds the formula =COUNTIF(B:B,B2) and drag it down, then
copy it and paste values. Then put a filter on, and filter for anything
higher than 1. Then delete all those rows.

That will delete all rows that share a duplicate Chq#

" wrote:

Need a macro that will find matching values in column B and delete both rows.

Division Chq# Description Amount
A 24 Bob Co 50.00
B 32 Mike Ltd 60.00
C 40 James 75.00