Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Hyperlink Question

I am changing Location Names in Column A by Row Number. Each Location in
Column A has a hyperlink to a worksheet. I am also changing the worksheet
name.
When I do this, the hyperlink breaks.

I need to update the hyperlink in Column A to the new name of the worksheet.
Example. The old location name in Column A, Row 16 may be Richmond, VA.
A16 is also a hyperlink to a worksheet named Richmond, VA.
When I change A16 to Baltimore, MD, the worksheet Richmond, VA is changed to
Baltimore, MD, but the hyperlink in A16 no longer functions. I need to update
the hyperlink in A16 to the new worksheet name to go to Baltimore, MD.

PLEASE HELP!

Here is the code I'm using to change the names...

RowNum = Application.InputBox(prompt:="What is the Row Number of the
Location You Want to Change?", Type:=2)
FranNum = Application.InputBox(prompt:="What is the Franchise Number You
Want to Use?", Type:=2)
LabelName = Application.InputBox(prompt:="What is the Franchise Name You
Want To Use?", Type:=2)

Sheets("Summary Report of Revenue").Select '<<= Where Location Names Are

If RowNum = "0" Then
'do nothing
Else

Cells((RowNum), 1).Select
OldLabelName = Cells((RowNum), 1).Value

Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False

Cells((RowNum), 2).Select

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = (FranNum)
'Range("A10").Select
Cells((RowNum), 1).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = (LabelName)
'Range("A10").Select
Cells((RowNum), 1).Select
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
Sheets(OldLabelName).Select
Sheets(OldLabelName).Name = (LabelName)

Sheets("Summary Report of Revenue").Select
Cells((RowNum), 2).Select
Sheets("Summary Report of Revenue").Cells((RowNum), 2).Hyperlinks.Add
Cells((RowNum), 2), "", (LabelName), "My Hyperlink "

Don't know what I'm doing with the last line.....