Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bull73 bull73 is offline

Default Automation multiversion excel 2003-2007

Jim Cone wrote:
Use two sets of code.
Check the application version and run the appropriate code.
Be aware that some XL 2003 code will not work on earlier XL versions.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"bull73"
wrote in message
Hi lads.
I use simple excel automation in my c# 2.0 app.
I do it like the MS samples, add reference to excel com libraries,
createobject, etc and transfer DataTable to Excel.
But as far as I can see they changed object model in excel
2007, so i can't run my app on the PC with excel 2007 installed.
Of course I can change refernce to libraries and make small changes to
the export functions, but the modified version will not work on old
2003 excel PC's
Can you help me with this problem ?
I want to run my app on both versions

Thanks a lot ,do you have some sapmle ?