Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Compare Worksheet Names - Ignore Case?

One "error" I've seen more than once was someone spelling a sheet name with
an extra space either at the beginning or the end (usually at right end) and
you can modify what JE gave you to handle even that:

If UCase(Trim(MyName)) = UCase(Trim(Sheet.Name)) Then...

and if you hate those big clunky UPPERCASE characters, you can always use
LCase instead of UCase <g.

"Trader_in_Paradise" wrote:

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

If UCase(MyName) = UCase(Sheet.Name) Then ...

In article ,
Trader_in_Paradise wrote:

Dim MyName As String
Dim MySheet As Object
Set MySheet = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet
Dim Sheet As Object
On Error GoTo btnRename_Err:
...(Other Code)
NamingRoutine:
Else
For Each Sheet In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
If MyName = Sheet.Name Then MsgBox "This Sheet Name is already in
use. Please pick another name.", , "This Worksheet Name is in Use."
Next Sheet
GoTo NamingRoutine:
....(Other Code)
This Code fails if MyName and Sheet.Name are the same except for
capitalization.
For Example: If MyName = Hello and Sheet.Name = hello, the code fails. It
generates the MsgBox "This Sheet Name..." and loops endlessly.

Can I convert MyName and Sheet.Name to upper case, then Compare?
Other Suggestions? Thank you.

Thank you, JE McGimpsey. UCase works perfectly. Thanks again.