Mangesh Yadav

Hi Paul,

You probably want to address Gonecoastal1

Mangesh

"Paul Sheppard"
wrote in message
news:Paul.Sheppard.1u0fyy_1124453167.516@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi Mangesh

Still not 100% clear what your are trying to get, but here goes:

In your original query you wanted $1.00 /25%= $4.00

Then later you said

I'm setting up a spread sheet where an appetizer item is mini spring
rolls. My cost is 1.54. I want to keep the food cost on this at 25%.
But I also have dessert on here at 2.41 cost that I want at a 40%
markup. I want the spreadsheet to cost at what ever mark up I put in.
Make any sense?

What I would do is put the cost in cell A1 and the percentage in B1, in
C1 put this formula =SUM(A1)/B1, format C1 as currency, you can then
change the percentage and see what effect it has on the result in cell
C1

- this would give the following results:

for a spring roll $1.54/25%= $6.16

for a desert $2.41/40%= $6.03

Not sure if that's what you want as you talk about a 40% markup for a
desert, if you want a 40 % mark up then the formula to use is
=SUM(A1*B1)+A1, which would give the following result

for a desert $2.41 +40%= $3.37

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: