Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Compare Worksheet Names - Truncate?

At the top of your code module, put this line

Option Compare Text

What it does is, when you do string comparisons, the compare will not be
case sensitive. So, if there are other parts in your code where "Dates"
should not be the same as "DATES", then this will not work.. Otherwise, with
the Option Compare Text line at the top of your code module, you can have
something like this in your sub procedu

If MyName = "Options" Or _
MyName = "Dates" Or _
MyName = "Scratch" Then

MsgBox "The names, Options, Dates and Scratch are in use. Please
Choose another name for this Worksheet", , "This Name is Reserved."
GoTo NamingRoutine:
End If

it will not allow "Options", "Dates", "Scratch" and any variations in case.
But it will allow Options1 or OptionsJun or DateMay, etc.

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Trader_in_Paradise" wrote:

"Vergel Adriano" wrote:

Trader,

If MyName=someDate or MyName = Options1, the code should ask for a new name,
right? Try something like this:

If InStr(1, MyName, "Options", vbTextCompare) 0 Or _
InStr(1, MyName, "Dates", vbTextCompare) 0 Or _
InStr(1, MyName, "Scratch", vbTextCompare) 0 Then

MsgBox "The names, Options, Dates and Scratch are in use. Please
Choose another name for this Worksheet", , "This Name is Reserved."
GoTo NamingRoutine:

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

I did not explain the problem correctly.

I wish to reserve the exact names "Options", "Dates" and "Scratch"
Any deviation from these names, except simply capitalization, is acceptable.
For Example: OPTIONS is not acceptable, nor is dates or SCratch.

However, Options1 or OptionsJun or DateMay are names that I would expect and
these names are acceptable.

Thank you.