Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Help me understanding variable scope

For the record, one of the draw backs is trying to use this construction
with a custom type. e.g
Private type Point
X as single
Y as single
end type

With an array of this Type, I would get itermittent error #16 "Expression
too complex" at seemingly random/unrelated places in code.
Use proper methods of testing for an initialised array, or waste a few hours
trying to debug...<g

NickHK

"NickHK" wrote in message
As well as Dave's suggestion, are you using "End" anywhere in your code ?
That will clear variables.

By the way, one quick/dirty way to test if an array has been initialised

is.
It has a few minor drawbacks, that you can research if necessary.

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Dim arr() As Long

Debug.Print "Is initilaised: " & CBool(Not (Not arr))

ReDim arr(0)
Debug.Print "Is initilaised: " & CBool(Not (Not arr))

End Sub

NickHK

"matelot" wrote in message
I create a public array defined on top of the macro to be global in 1 of

the
worksheet. The array contains a range of a worksheet. I have a procedure
called by a checkbox_click routine to see if a readflag is true to skip

every
single time. My problem is that once the procedure is ran by the click
routine, the global array content disappears. What can I do to keep the

value
intact once the array is loaded? Another thought is to verify if the

global
array has any values in it but since I define the array as variant, it
doesn't exist when it's not loaded. Is there a function in VBA that

allows
me
to check if an array is defined?

Thanks