Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Copy/Paste dates from CSV file - date format error?

And maybe you could create a dedicated macro that would ask for the name of the
..csv file, copy it to a .txt file and do all the importing and parsing against
that copied file.

"michael.beckinsale" wrote:

Hi All,

Problem solved.(I think)

Trawled the newsgroup and confirmed that this is a known issue that
has not been addressed up to XL2003, l dont know about XL2007.

There appear to be plenty of suggestions for a workaround when
importing a file. Most of these revolve around re-saving the file &
importing as a text file or changing date values to date serial
values.

In my project l want to copy / paste values from a csv file using
VBA .To overcome the problem l have added code which formats the csv
file date column to text (ie shows the date serial value), then when
the data has been pasted into the target file l format the date column
as dd/mm/yy. I have tested this with several samples and all appears
to be OK. I have paid particular attention to days 1 to 12.

Can anybody see any potential risk with this strategy? This project is
very date intensive and l really want to avoid potential date errors
from the outset.

Regards

Michael beckinsale

--